As a patient, you have the right to know any previous offense against your dentist and if operating with a valid license. For the same reason, you also have the right to know that information about any assistant and hygienist dental. Find information about your dentist requires locate your State License Board Dental, which vary from state to state, although the procedure is regularly like.
- Locate your State Board of Dental Licenses (see the Resources section of this article for a list)
- Reviews the basis of data for your dentist or dental hygienist, the site web must provide a list of all licensed dentists in the side, although some states (like New York) can contact the State Department of Education. Many states also have lists of where the dentists and dental hygienists attending the school and how long they have been practicing.
- Call the State Board of Dental Licensing status and asked whether any disciplinary action taken against your dentist. Depending on the state, you may have to send a written request, while some states provide information by phone. Regardless of that, the information will be sent after asking. Some states charge a nominal fee of less than $ 1 per page of information required.
- Order the telephone number for dental complaints or locate it on the website of the state. Please keep this number in case you need to file a complaint against the dentist or dental hygienist.
Successfully introduce dentists to new areas requires the use of many approaches. Just place an ad in the newspaper you will not differentiate a new dentist existing. Marketing strategies must be long term and extend beyond an ad placed by one week. In addition, dentists must have an online presence; at least, provide patients with information of contact.
- Develop a strong marketing theme. For example, a dentist may promote developed new strengths while working in other areas, such as extensive experience (for example, 15 years practicing orthodontics) or awards and previous publications. A dentist can also emphasize the use of the latest technologies such as three-dimensional technology that allows dentists to restore the patient’s teeth during a single visit. Choose carefully and balances subject words and images to avoid using too many words.
- Implements a tactical strategy. Using various means, including direct mail, television commercials and phone books and online ads to reach the target audience. If a dentist joins an existing group, then send postcards that highlight the skills of the new dentist to existing patients. He adds discounts or promotions referral of patients to the posters to attract patients to promote the practice. Another way is to use blogs, dentists can use to establish credibility with the local community, and answer common questions (for example, causes an abscess).
- Sign up for dental insurance plans. Most insurance companies charge less when patients selected network dentists. A new dentist can participate in different directories, thus attracting patients insured with programs like Medicaid, Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield or AARP.
- Promotes alternative payment, Many potential customers cannot schedule appointments with the dentist, because they lack insurance coverage. A new dentist can offer reduced fees for consultation and services to the elderly, students or patients who pay with cash.
- Join local groups such as the Chamber of Commerce and state chapter of the American Dental Association. Contact school districts to place ads in primary, middle and high schools, parents’ commercials that introduce and describe dental services. In addition Advertise in the high-end residential developments that is nearby, including through community newsletters.
Tips & Warnings
- Emphasizes language skills, that is, if the dentist speaks languages other than English, such as Mandarin, Hindi or Arabic.
- Analyze marketing results to evaluate the efficacy, by surveying new patients to determine how they heard about you. Do not go spending money on an ineffective strategy.
Here are some tips below for good healthy teeth:
- Brush your teeth at least twice daily. Try to do it as soon as possible: getting up in the morning and before bedtime.
- Once a day, use dental to clean between the teeth and remove food that his brush was unable to clean thread. Do not use chopsticks, causing decay.
- Go to your teeth regularly reviewed. Twice a year is enough to maintain a healthy and clean mouth.
- Before a dental problem, such as pain or injury, a visit to a dental clinic is unavoidable, since the pains rarely happens with ordinary painkillers and only happen once the problem causing it is resolved.
- To prevent tooth fractures in games, we recommend that your children wear mouth guards, since most of them occur while playing sports.
- If you have any questions, visit your dentist: Prevention is always better than cure.
- Have a healthy lifestyle: a diet low in sugars, smoke as little as possible and avoid excessive alcohol.
- If you have other health problems, think how it can affect your oral health.
- Follow the advice of your dentist.
- Remember that health is the best smile.