Successfully introduce dentists to new areas requires the use of many approaches. Just place an ad in the newspaper you will not differentiate a new dentist existing. Marketing strategies must be long term and extend beyond an ad placed by one week. In addition, dentists must have an online presence; at least, provide patients with information of contact.
- Develop a strong marketing theme. For example, a dentist may promote developed new strengths while working in other areas, such as extensive experience (for example, 15 years practicing orthodontics) or awards and previous publications. A dentist can also emphasize the use of the latest technologies such as three-dimensional technology that allows dentists to restore the patient’s teeth during a single visit. Choose carefully and balances subject words and images to avoid using too many words.
- Implements a tactical strategy. Using various means, including direct mail, television commercials and phone books and online ads to reach the target audience. If a dentist joins an existing group, then send postcards that highlight the skills of the new dentist to existing patients. He adds discounts or promotions referral of patients to the posters to attract patients to promote the practice. Another way is to use blogs, dentists can use to establish credibility with the local community, and answer common questions (for example, causes an abscess).
- Sign up for dental insurance plans. Most insurance companies charge less when patients selected network dentists. A new dentist can participate in different directories, thus attracting patients insured with programs like Medicaid, Medicare, Blue Cross Blue Shield or AARP.
- Promotes alternative payment, Many potential customers cannot schedule appointments with the dentist, because they lack insurance coverage. A new dentist can offer reduced fees for consultation and services to the elderly, students or patients who pay with cash.
- Join local groups such as the Chamber of Commerce and state chapter of the American Dental Association. Contact school districts to place ads in primary, middle and high schools, parents’ commercials that introduce and describe dental services. In addition Advertise in the high-end residential developments that is nearby, including through community newsletters.
Tips & Warnings
- Emphasizes language skills, that is, if the dentist speaks languages other than English, such as Mandarin, Hindi or Arabic.
- Analyze marketing results to evaluate the efficacy, by surveying new patients to determine how they heard about you. Do not go spending money on an ineffective strategy.